Phishing attacks are fraudulent emails that appear to come from authentic online merchants or financial institutions. When you click on a link within an email, you end up on a site that may appear to be the merchant or financial institution, but it isn't. Here's how you can avoid phishing scams:
1. Don't reply or click on email/pop-up links asking for personal or financial information.
2. Never send an email with personal or financial information.
3. Review credit card and bank statements as soon as they arrive.
4. Use anti-virus software and keep it up to date.
5. Be cautious about opening any email attachment or downloading any files.
6. Report suspicious activity to the FTC at www.ftc.gov.
7. Visit www.godaddy.com for more information.
**This information was provided by a godaddy.com.